What we collect
You can always choose not to provide any information to us, but then you might not be able to order products from us.
We may collect the following information:
- Details of your order including your name and the name of the order recipient.
- Contact information including email address and postal/delivery address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
“Personal Data”, as more amplified herein, includes, individually and collectively, personally identifying information, including but not limited to a username, account number, email address, IP information and any personally identifying information entered by a user on the Services including address and payment information. “Special Categories of Personal Data” is defined as data revealing health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, personal relationships or sexual orientation. We may ask you to submit information that falls into “Special Categories of Personal Data” in connection with relevant allergies, health restrictions and food/beverage preferences. Also, if you may place an order that has as the shipping address a location such as a house of worship, a hospital, a campaign office or a picket line, you may be providing such Special Categories of Personal Data incidentally.
We may also collect “Interactive Data”, meaning browser type, Internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to identify your browser, mobile device, pages you visit, cell service/WiFi provider or your account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier), and other similar information; you consent to such collection so that we can: manage and deliver your order, enable you to attend a class or event and/or provide you with relevant and/or requested provided content, data, information and Services. To improve our Services and avoid errors, we may obtain certain analytical information including records of the user sign-in process, as well as login and logoff times, object loss metrics, test processes, button and action data and related information; such data may be shared with third parties including Shopify, Google Analytics, Klavyio, Zendesk, PayPal, Facebook and Twitter so we can provide you with the Services you want to receive, error-free, and so you can share content from our website on and through your third-party accounts. We may use the information to analyze site usage, administer the website, understand usage and navigation trends in the aggregate, and determine interest in our products as well as the relevance of content. IP addresses are also linked to personally identifiable information, to better a user's experience when using the website.
You consent to the collection, storage and processing of the data provided by you manually in connection with purchases/orders, as well as Personal Data and other information we gather from you which we may use for localization, corporate compliance, legal and auditing purposes, in connection with Psycho Bunny’s business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud prevention, developing new Services and/or features, enhancing and improving our Services, documenting usage, analyzing and researching user trends and researching/documenting the effectiveness of any promotional campaign; and to our sharing of that information among our affiliates and related corporate entities, as well as our personnel for purposes of managing and processing your purchase/order, processing payment for that purchase/order, following up with you regarding your purchase/order and making recommendations for future purchases/orders.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we utilize, please see the List of Cookies we collect section below regarding cookies we use and what we use them for.
The Personal Data You provide to us will allow us to run and operate our website and Services, including fulfilling and shipping your purchases/orders, welcoming you to any Psycho Bunny event, maintaining the integrity of the website and Services, providing you with the Services that you are seeking; minimizing spam, alerting you of new products or services, features, or enhancements, handling your questions or issues, administering promotions, contests and sweepstakes, displaying relevant marketing to you, combating fraud and abuse, to notify you of promotions, updates, or special offers that we think may interest you, and for other legal and accounting/audit reasons. We also use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the website and Services and resources provided on our Services. We also use your email address and phone number as part of the Services in sending you messages about the Services and other general announcements.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better services, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping including in connection with accounting, taxes and legal compliance.
- We may use the information to improve our website, products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
If you share a third party’s personal information with us, for purposes of sending
Last Updated: November 22, 2023
Your privacy is extremely important to all of us at Psycho Bunny Inc. and its affiliates, related companies, officers and directors (“Psycho Bunny”, “we”, “us” or “our” as appropriate).
To access our Accessibility Statement for users who use assistive devices to access our website, please click here.
1. What is “personal data”?
2. What data do we collect?
We may collect the following data when you interact with us:
- Contact information, such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, or account information (for example, if you have created an account on our website).
- Demographic data, such as date of birth.
- Data in relation to your purchases, including products ordered, sizes, shipping address, method of payment, e-mail, gift cards or discounts, phone number and the name / postal address of the order recipient.
- Transactional information, such as history of purchases made using a payment or credit card and information generated by your participation in our loyalty program, as applicable (e.g. the number and amount of transactions by type, location/store of purchase, product code information, brand, quantity purchased, date, time, payment method used, promotional offers used in connection with the transaction, loyalty program points balance and actions associated with your account such as referring friends or providing your birthday).
- Data in relation to your use of our customer service, including live chat.
- Data in relation to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Technical information and metadata, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, IP address and usage details (including pages visited and use of our website features, account login and logoff times, object loss metrics, test processes, button and action data and related information).
- Geolocation information, such as may be collected when you use our website.
- Data collected through technologies in our stores, including CCTV or other types of video cameras and sensors, if it can identify you as an individual.
- Any other information you provide to us.
3. How do we collect data from you?
We collect personal data in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly from you, such as when you visit our stores (including through our point-of-sales systems), or interact with us by mail, email, over the telephone, through our website or in any other direct manner, for instance when you make a purchase, give us feedback on our stores and the products for sale in our stores, participate in a survey, or make a request to our customer service.
- Through technologies used in our stores, such as video surveillance, sensors or other similar types of systems that we may use from time to time.
Through technologies we use online, such as when you interact with our websites, marketing emails, social media accounts, online advertising, or through the use of our or a third party’s technologies, which include cookies, web beacons or single pixel gifs or analytics engines. The technologies we use include:
- Web beacons and single pixel gifs, which are small image files that have information about you, such as your IP address, that can be downloaded when you visit a website or open an e-mail. This allows us to understand your online behaviour, monitor our email delivery, and provide you with interest-based advertising. These tools also allow our third-party tracking tools to gather information, such as your IP address, and provide this back to us in an anonymized, aggregate form.
Third parties involved in providing these technologies may use tracking methods such as but not limited to cookies to achieve their own business goals and purposes by relating and combining information about your usage of our website to any other personal data they may have collected on you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third parties as well.
4. How do we use your data?
We may use the personal data we collect to provide you with our products and Services, to manage our business operations, to communicate offers and information we think might interest you, to conduct research, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. More specifically, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing Products and Services. We use your personal data in order to provide our services, including such purposes as:
- verifying your identity;
- processing your transactions, such as product purchases, exchanges or returns;
- taking or verifying instructions from you;
- creating, administering, and maintaining your account;
- managing your participation in any Psycho Bunny events, contests or sweepstakes; and
- fulfilling your requests and responding to your inquiries.
- Managing Our Operations. We use your personal data to manage our operations, including:
- deploying and managing our information technology applications and systems, including managing our website;
- maintaining our services;
- notifying you of changes to our services, terms, conditions or policies and to provide you administrative messages, updates, legal notices, technical notices or security alerts;
- meeting our contractual and legal obligations (including accounting, taxes and other legal or regulatory compliance obligations);
- maintaining the security of the public, our users and our employees;
- processing employment applications; and
- protecting ourselves and third parties from errors and fraud.
- Marketing. We use your personal data to inform you about news, products, services, surveys or special offers that we believe may be of interest to you. We may do this by communicating with you in a variety of ways, such as by email, telephone, direct mail, text message or through social media.
If you no longer wish to receive electronic marketing messages, please let us know by following the unsubscribe directions provided in our electronic marketing messages. For more information on managing your preferences, please see "Electronic Marketing", below.
- Research and Analytics. We may use your personal data in order to conduct research and data analytics by tracking and analyzing current or previously collected information for the following purposes:
- improving or developing new services;
- managing and improving our operations;
- understanding our customers’ interests and priorities and tailoring our services;
- measuring the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional activities; and
- understanding how visitors interact with our website and ensuring it functions properly.
When possible, we will use your information in an aggregated and/or anonymized format.
5. How do we share your data?
- Affiliates. We work closely with our group of companies to provide you with products and services, so we may need to share personal data with them to complete your transactions or make our products available to you. It also helps each entity within the group to comply with applicable laws, regulations and requirements and ensures that your information is consistent, accurate and up-to-date.
- Service providers. We use service providers and suppliers to provide you with our Services and manage our operations. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website and our operations, conduct surveys, and provide technical support, assist us with our marketing efforts and conduct research. We also use service providers to provide you with functionalities, such as online chats, or shopping carts.
- Marketing partners. When we conduct interest-based advertising, we use marketing cookies that may be provided by third parties. These third parties provide us with aggregated data and collect behavioral information from our website in exchange.
- Financial partners. If you decide to finance your purchase with a financial partner such as Klarna, we will share with them information relating to your purchase. These financial partners are independent from us and are not our service providers. They will share your personal data with their banking institutions. You can learn more about Klarna’s privacy practices by clicking here.
- Business Transactions. If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, or if we undergo a reorganization or financing of parts of our business (including proceedings of insolvency or bankruptcy), we may share information with other parties to the transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
- As Permitted or Required by Law. Applicable laws may permit or require the use, sharing, or disclosure of personal data without consent in specific circumstances. These circumstances include situations where it is necessary to disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies. If this happens, we will not share more personal data than is reasonably required to fulfill that particular purpose.
Other than as listed above, we may, with your implied or express consent, or if another legal basis or a consent exception applies, share or disclose your personal data with third parties, in accordance with applicable laws.
6. Cross-border Transfers
7. Third Parties
Please see also our statement on Shopify, in the section above entitled “How do we share your data?”
8. Interest-based advertising
Interest-based advertising (also known as targeted or behavioural advertising) means that your preferences and interests are collected through cookies or otherwise, and then used to serve you advertising and marketing materials that are relevant to you (based on those preferences and interests).
Without interest-based advertising, you would still be getting ads when browsing the Internet. However, these ads would not be personalized based on your preferences and interests – and so, they would be less relevant to you, and less effective for us.
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal data when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
We do not knowingly solicit, collect or process information from children who (a) are residents or citizens of the European Union and under the age where consent of a parent or legal guardian is required for the processing of personal data of children including email addresses and IP addresses, as well as certain uses of cookies; (b) users who are under the age of thirteen (13) and residents or citizens of any other country; or (c) are residents of or located in Quebec and under 14 years of age (each of (a), (b) or (c), an “Age-Barred Individual”). In compliance with United States regulations regarding online privacy for children, Psycho Bunny does not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13) or any other Age-Barred Individual. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from an Age-Barred Individual, we will delete or anonymize that data. Age-Barred Individuals are not permitted to have an account, use any Psycho Bunny website or app, or interact in any manner with Psycho Bunny. By using the website and Services and/or making a purchase/submitting an order, you thereby confirm that you are thirteen (13) years old or older, and not an Age-Barred Individual in your jurisdiction.
10. Data access for California residents
If you are a resident of California, you may request that we provide you with the information that we have shared with third parties for electronic/online direct marketing purposes, if such sharing has occurred; such information can be provided to you once a year free of charge, and will cover information shared during the past twelve (12) months. Information will be provided within thirty (30) days of your request, or we will inform you that we need additional time to fulfill your request. Please contact email@example.com in connection therewith. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line/first line of the description and include your name, California street address, city, California as the state and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and only if the customer is a California resident, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this address.
Information shared for purposes other than direct marketing will not necessarily be included in our response to such request. We reserve the right to request and confirm proof of identity as we determine necessary in our sole discretion. Please note that we cannot delete information in connection with orders of merchandise or gift certificates, and other paid services or goods, for at least seven (7) years as we must retain it for accounting and legal purposes; we reserve the right to retain such personal data for accounting and business purposes.
11. How do we protect & retain personal data?
We are committed to the security of your personal data. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place reasonable physical, technological and organizational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, in light of, among other things, the sensitivity of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
12. Electronic marketing
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of certain personal data for electronic marketing communications in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by unsubscribing. There is an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send to our users and customers, including you. Please note that:
- Even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes, in compliance with applicable laws (e.g., for customer service, legal notices or reminder notices). We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your customer service inquiries; and
- It may take some time for all of our records to reflect changes in your preferences.
13. Consent & withdrawing consent
You may be entitled under applicable law to withdraw your consent (except in limited circumstances, including legal or regulatory requirements or as a result of your contractual obligations with us). However, this will not affect the legality of any processing carried out prior to such withdrawal. If you choose not to provide us with certain personal data or if you withdraw your consent, where such withdrawal is available, we may not be able to offer you the programs, products, services, contests, promotions, events or information that you requested or that could be offered to you.
14. Your rights
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are located, you may benefit from different rights over your personal data. In most jurisdictions, these rights generally include the right to access your personal data, to modify your personal data when it is inaccurate, and to withdraw your consent (see section “Consent & withdrawal of consent” above). We will follow specific procedures for each jurisdiction, in accordance with the obligations defined in applicable law. Below, we explain some of these rights and how you can exercise them, depending on applicable law:
You have the right to access your personal data, and obtain information about how we use it and with whom it is shared.
You may request to correct your personal data that is incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date.
- Anonymization or deletion
You can request: (i) the anonymization of your personal data, so that it can no longer be related to you and, therefore, ceases to be personal data; and (ii) the deletion of your personal data, in which case we must delete it without the possibility of reversal.
You may request that we provide your personal data in a structured and interoperable format for its transfer to a third party.
You can limit the way we use your personal data if you are concerned about the accuracy of the data or how it is being used. If necessary, you can also stop us from deleting your data.
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances.
- Automated decision
You may obtain additional information regarding, and request a review of, decisions that are made on solely automated processing carried out by us, where applicable.
Your rights are subject to applicable legal restrictions. We will respond to your requests to exercise your rights within a reasonable timeframe, in compliance with applicable laws. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot fulfil your request, we will explain why, and try to find a solution with you.
16. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact our Data Protection Officer at the coordinates below:
5001 Levy Street
QC H4R 2N9
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a website to the hard drive of your computer, allowing the website or service to identify your computer, track your activities, and remember preferences that you may have set during a previous visit.
We install our own cookies and third-party cookies on your browser or device through our website. Some of these cookies are uninstalled automatically at the end of your browsing session. Others are persistent, which means that they remain installed for a longer period of time unless you uninstall them.
We may, either directly or indirectly, track your behavior on our website using cookies and other analytics for purposes of our own customer support, marketing promotions, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, or investigation, as well as to enable you to use and access our website and our Services.
We collect cookies in each of the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions constituting a request for services, such as logging into your account, managing your cart or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but if you block these cookies some parts of the site may not work as a result.
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies allow the website to remember the choices you make (e.g. text size changes, personalized pages, other preferences).
- Analytics and Statistics: These cookies collect information about how you use the website and your user experience, such as page visits and any error messages. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. We use this information to analyze and improve the operation of the site for a better user experience.
- Marketing and retargeting cookies: Marketing or targeting cookies are used to improve advertising. Common applications include targeting ads based on information relevant to the user, as well as improving reporting on the performance of advertising campaigns and avoiding showing users ads they have already seen. These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers’ settings will automatically accept cookies, but You can modify Your browser setting to decline cookies, or just third-party cookies, if You prefer. This may prevent You from taking full advantage of the Website or ordering products or services from or through us.
You can manage your cookie preferences through your browser, by uninstalling and blocking certain cookies. Click on your browser below to obtain instructions.
To know more about why you are seeing an ad, how to control and/or opt-out of marketing cookies and tracking technologies for interest-based advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website for more information on the AdChoices Tools. You can also consult Google Ads.
Some of the cookies we use are essential or recommended for the use of the Services, and you may not be able to access and use all the Services without these cookies.
List of cookies we collect:
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store. Any error or omission is inadvertent and shall not result in our liability.
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency.
An encrypted version of your customer ID with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
Your session ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
Information on what you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.
Psycho Bunny thanks you for visiting!