contest rules & regulations
PSYCHO BUNNY® ‘CHOOSE YOUR ADVENTURE’ CONTEST – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ONLY AN EMAIL ADDRESS IS REQUIRED. The Sweepstakes (defined hereunder) is governed by these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Void where prohibited by law.
2. Who Can Enter: To be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, you must be, at the time of entry: (i) at least 18 years of age; and (ii) a legal resident of the 52 United States (including the District of Columbia and other jurisdictions). Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor and any other company involved with the design or operation of the Sweepstakes, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or agents (including without limitation advertising and promotion agencies), as well as members of their immediate families or households, are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize. For purposes of these Rules, a person's "immediate family" includes his or her spouse; his or her parents, children, and siblings, and each of their spouses; and his or her spouse's parents, children, and siblings, and each of their spouses.
3. Sweepstakes Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“EST”) on October 25, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on November 20, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries that are ineligible or otherwise do not conform to the requirements of these Rules, any entries that have been tampered with, any automated or computer-generated script entries, or any entries that are late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupt, lost, or submitted after the Sweepstakes is discontinued.
4. How To Enter: Eligible participants may enter during the Sweepstakes Entry Period by either: (i) completing & submitting an entry form found on the Site. Multiple entries per person are permitted in accordance with the form application; or (ii) by means of completing & submitting an entry form through a Facebook advertisement, limited to one (1) entry per person. If you attempt to enter the Sweepstakes more than once via Facebook, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all of your entries. You must complete online entries before 11:59 PM EST on November 20, 2018. Entries must be submitted by and received by the dates and times specified in Section 3 above to be considered for the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period drawing. By entering the Sweepstakes, you represent that you meet all eligibility criteria and are in compliance with these Rules. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Drawing; Odds Of Winning: There will be one (1) random prize draw on November 26th, 2018. The draw will be held in Montreal, Quebec at 12:00 PM EST on the draw date. For the prize draw, the Sponsor will randomly select from all entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period one (1) Grand Prize Winner (the "Winner"). Non-winning entries do not carry over. The odds of selection depend on the total number of eligible people who enter the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize: The Winner will receive one (1) of two prizes which remain at Sponsor’s sole discretion: a) a ski trip for Whistler, Canada for the Winner and a guest of at least 18 years of age at the time the prize is drawn OR b) a surfing trip in Costa Rica for the Winner and a guest of at least 18 years of age at the time the prize is drawn. Round-trip flights, hotel and excursion activities are included. Transportation fees to airport from departure city are not included. The Winner will also receive a $500 USD prepaid credit card. The Winner must pay any applicable additional fees, service charges, surcharges, related transportation fees, governmental levies, excess baggage and other non-ticket costs incurred and not specified herein.
7. Prize Terms: If a Winner does not comply with all of the Rules, the Winner may not be able to obtain the maximum value, or any value, from his or her prize. The prizes are not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. The prize has no cash value. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded or compensated for. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, and the reporting and payment of any federal, state, local, withholdings and other taxes, fees, customs, duties, or other amounts owed on any prize or any other liabilities incurred in connection with the Sweepstakes. The prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. The Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion and subject to availability. Images included in the Sweepstakes promotions on the Platforms may not depict the exact prize and are for illustrative purposes. • Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is up to a maximum of $7000 CAD (being, Canadian dollars). • Winner will receive a gift certificate for the Prize and will be solely responsible for booking the hotel & airline in relation thereto through Sponsor’s travel agency. Sponsor will not be responsible for or be made liable for the travel agency. • Any aforementioned bookings related to the Prize cannot be cancelled or rescheduled under any circumstances • Please note that blackout (“unavailable”) dates for the Prize are December 15 to December 31, 2018 and March 1 to March 16, 2019. All elements of the Prize must be used and travel completed by November 30, 2019 inclusively. • The reservation of the Prize needs to be booked by the Winner with Sponsor`s travel agent within thirty (30) days of receipt of the prize notification by the Sponsor. • Winner must have a valid passport in effect for at least six (6) months prior to the date of first departure. • Health, travel & baggage insurance are not included in the Prize and will be the Winner’s sole responsibility. It is strongly recommended that the Winner purchase the aforementioned insurance at its sole expense. Sponsor or its respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates shall not be responsible, or indemnify Winner or its guest hereunder, in any circumstance in the event that Winner has not purchased or is not covered under insurance.
8. Winner Notification and Prize Claim: Within three (3) working days after the drawing, Sponsor will notify the Winner by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address used by the Winner on the Platforms. In order to be declared a winner, the Winner who is a US resident may be required to verify for Sponsor his or her permanent address and social security number or tax identification number, for purposes of compliance with tax regulations. Upon Sponsor's request, the Winner must also execute and return, where legally permissible, a declaration of eligibility, a liability release, and/or a publicity release. If the Winner fails to respond or otherwise comply with any of these requirements within five (5) days of receipt of the prize notification, if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor determines that the Winner is not eligible to win or is not in compliance with these Rules, then Sponsor has the right to disqualify that Winner and to select an alternate from the pool of remaining entrants, who must satisfy all of the eligibility and other requirements of these Rules. It is your sole responsibility to notify Sponsor of any change in your e-mail address. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (defined hereafter) of the e-mail address used by the entrant to submit the entry. "Authorized Account Holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address. The Selected Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to conduct a background check on a potential winner and disqualify any individual who has been charged or convicted of a crime or, if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes.
9. Disqualification: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant that it determines: (i) has tampered with the entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, or the Platforms; (ii) has acted in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass Sponsor, other entrants, or any other person or entity; (iii) has not satisfied all of the requirements for entry in the Sweepstakes; or (iv) to be otherwise ineligible under, or in violation of, these Rules or any of the Policy. Any attempt to commit any of the acts of misconduct set forth in this section may be a violation of civil and criminal law, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Termination: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason, including without limitation as a result of fraud, financial or administrative difficulties, technical problems (such as a computer virus/ bug), or unauthorized intervention that corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes.
11. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that Sponsor, and any other company involved with the design or operation of the Sweepstakes, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (including without limitation any advertising or promotion agencies) (collectively, the "Released Parties"), will not have any responsibility whatsoever for losses or damages of any kind that result from entry or participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, by entering the Sweepstakes, you release and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of the other aforementioned persons and entities from any and all damages, losses, liabilities, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation those arising from personal injury, death, or property damage) arising out of or resulting from: (i) the Sweepstakes or any entry in the Sweepstakes; (ii) any violation by you of these Rules, the Policy, or applicable laws; (iii) the acceptance, publication, receipt, operation, or use of any prize; (iv) any incorrect, incomplete, or garbled information caused by any technical or human error that may occur in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes materials; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions (e.g., without limitation errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation, or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, online system, server, or other equipment or provider; (vi) any failure of e-mail on account of Internet traffic congestion or otherwise (i.e., proof of transmission does not constitute proof of delivery); (vii) any entry, e-mail, prize package, or other material or correspondence that has been tampered with or that is stolen, misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, non-conforming, ineligible, or damaged; (viii) any failure of any postal or delivery service; or (ix) any events beyond Sponsor's reasonable control. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken using the judging criteria specified above. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACTOR, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED. ALL PRIZES ARE GIVEN AWAY "AS IS." SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) WITH REGARD TO ANY PRIZE.
12. Use of Data: By submitting an entry and/or entering the Sweepstakes, and to the extent allowed by law, you acknowledge and agree that all entry data becomes the property of Sponsor and you agree to subscribe to receive emails from Psycho Bunny, a division of Sponsor, being Thread Collective Inc. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information about you received through the Sweepstakes, in any manner permitted by the Policy.
13. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes a Winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of his or her name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
14. No Endorsement: Nothing contained in these Rules or in any of the Sweepstakes materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of the other or of any third party, product, or service.
15. Winner's List; Questions: After the drawing, Sponsor may post the name of the Winner on a Sweepstakes-related page on the Site or the Platforms. Please write to email@example.com to ask any questions about the Sweepstakes.
16. Disputes: Any dispute, claim, or causes of action, in law or equity, between you and Sponsor arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes will be resolved, to the fullest extent permitted by law, by final, binding and confidential arbitration in Montreal, Quebec by the Canadian Commercial Arbitration Centre (CCAC) or its successor, under CCACs then applicable rules and procedures. The arbitration shall take place in the English language. Sponsor and you acknowledge that by agreeing to this arbitration procedure, you irrevocably waive the right to resolve any such dispute through a court or administrative proceeding on any basis, including without limitation venue, jurisdiction, or inconvenience of the forum. Notwithstanding the rules and procedures of the CCAC, each party will bear their own legal costs and fees, including attorney’s fees.
17. Severability: If any part of these Rules is held by an arbitration tribunal to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such tribunal to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Sponsor, and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect.